Monday, December 1, 2008

Flavourful Butter Cake from Gourmet March 2008 (Ian Knauer)

อยากอ่านหน้านี่เป็นภาษาไทย คลิก ที่นี่ คะ
I 've tried some receipes on butter cake. This receipe is what I like most as of now. It's moist and flavourful. It's even more delicious after putting this cake into refridgerator for sometimes. The recipe contains orange zest which gives this cake so fresh. Don't leave out orange zest, trust me. Or instead you can try to put lemon or even lime zest. Original receipe is for 9" round cake pan. From this picture, I use normal size cupcake tray and I got a dozen on that.
For frosting, I use white chocolate swiss meringue buttercream. Will put receipe for frosting next time.
As I put in my title, this recipe belongs to Ian Knauer which I've found on http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Butter-Cake-241730 . There're so many interesting receipes sharing in this great website. One good thing on this website, it has many bakers' reviews for you to read and judge you will go for the receipe or not.

Butter Cake

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Scant 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 whole large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole milk


Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan, then line bottom with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment. Lightly dust with flour. (As I mentioned I used 12 cupcake tray)
Whisk together flour (1 3/4 cups), baking powder, and salt, set aside.
Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add whole egg, yolk, zest, and vanilla and beat 1 minute. At low speed, mix in flour mixture and milk alternately in batches. (First start with flour and always end with flour)
Spread batter in cake pan and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. (for my cupcake, it takes 20 minutes) Cool cake in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack. After it completely cool, you can decorating using frosting of your choice.

Cheers!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cute cupcake laa...eieiei