Saturday, December 27, 2008

English Trifle Cheesecake




Wherever I go, if I can choose, definitely I will choose to order my most favorite dessert, "cheesecake". Grown up in a small town, when I was so young I never heard of the word, cheesecake before. As well as, I dont know how it looks like, or how it tastes like. Untill the day I was in Australia to study, I can't remember exactly who offer me to taste cheesecake for the first time. What I remember is I do love cheesecake for the first time I taste it. The first cheesecake I try is a frozen cheesecake from Sara Lee. From that moment, cheesecake and me are the best friend ever. The first time I try to make cheesecake is when I worked in America. My program manager (my co-worker) is the one who taught me how to. Her name is Boom. She is a very nice lady. Besides that she is my first baking teacher, she is nice enough to accompany me when I diely want to have cheesecake at the cheesecake factory. In Thailand the best cheesecake shop is "Coffee Bean by Dao". There, you will find many kinds of cheesecake to choose. Thinking again, I should add one more interesting shop, which names "Kuppa". Kuppa offers the very rich cheesecake with cinnamon on top. Both shops will give you heavenly experience!

English Trifle Cheesecake is the very best combination between old English triffle and rich cheesecake. I really do like it. Every bites, I feel that I taste both shortcake + cheesecake at the same time. Very Very delicious. If you are one of the big fan of cheesecake like me, trust me, you will love this one like I do. I adapted receipe from The Cheesecake Bible, George Geary

What I 've changed from original receipe : 1) I changed from yellow cake to 9" sponge cake, 2) I changed from cream sherry to cherry syrup+ cherry brandy

Crust:
1 9" vanilla sponge cake, slice 2 horizontal pieces, (make it no more than 1 cm thick)
1/2 cup make from 4 tbsp of cherry brandy and cherry syrup fill up to 1/2 cup
1/2 cup red raspberry preserves

Filling:
4 packages Cream cheese (250g / package) soften
1 cup sugar
5 large eggs
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Decoration:
Use Chantilly Cream (beat 2 cups of chilled whipping cram and 3 tbsp of icing sugar until it holds peak)
Some berries for decoration

Preheat oven 160C
Make crust by putting 1 slice of sponge cake on the base of 9" springform pan.
Brush cake with cherry syrup+ cherry brandy
Spread 1/4 cup of raspberry preserve all over the cake
Beat creamcheese and sugar till it smooth ( meduim speed for 3 minutes) Add egg one at a time, each time you need to beat the batter well before adding another egg. The put vanilla extract into batter, beat well.
Pour half of cramcheese batter on top of the cake in springform. Then repeat the first step by putting another slice of cake and brush syrup then spread raspberry preserve. Pour another half of creamcheese batter over.Put in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or untill the surface turn light brown and the middle is slightly move.Cool on wire rack till completely cool. Cover with plastic and put in refriegeratoe for at least 6 hours (or over a night). Take cake out from pan then cover the top with cream chantilly and decorate with berries. Put cake back into refriegerator again to make it chill before cut in pieces.









Have a good baking day.

Cheers!

0 comments: